After our first interview with Miss Intercontinental Sweden and Influencer Josefin Strand, it was difficult to find another sucessful influencer but when we met our next creator, we couldn't believe ourselves!
Meet Shama Persson, who is taking the fashion world by storm. With her unique style and unparalleled grace, Shama has caught the attention of top brands in Sweden and beyond. Not only is Shama beautiful, but she is also a role model for women of all ages. She proves that style and confidence are ageless, and that it's never too late to follow your dreams– and a good example of this is her front cover of Swedish magazine "Må Bra".
If you want to know how Shama grew her followers and became one of Sweden's most desired creators to work with, for brands such as "Understatement Underwear" keep reading to get a glimpse into her world and be inspired by her incredible journey. You won't be disappointed!:
1. Who are you and why do people know you on Social Media?
I think it all began in the US many years ago, me being Yoga Girl’s mom. Now the last 5 years it’s moved to my own creations as a model, influencer, writer and CEO of the Golden Age Models agency. Now I blog for MåBra Magazine and work full time as a model/influencer/running the agency.
2. Can you tell us how the moment you realised you went viral was? How did you react?
I don’t see myself like that, I still feel like I’m very basic. I do realise that doors open for me without me knocking on them these days, but still I I’m just being myself having fun and doing as much good as I can through my platform.
3. What is the best part of being an influencer?
All the open doors and the generous people! The love and the kindness!
4. What is the worst part of being an influencer?
The hate and the judgements and the constant need to update and create content.
5. When an agency or brand approaches you, what things make you say YES to a collaboration?
I always say yes! This is almost always the case as the brands that approach me are ”on brand” for me and know me. If they don’t know me it may be a bad match and then I say no.
6. Tell us 3 things you hate brands and agencies do when working with you?
1. Trying to control me and make me fit into a template
2. When they tell me I have too little engagement or I am too small for their brand after they reach out and ask for a collaboration
3. Constantly push me to do updates or send reports as if I was a big company and not a person
7. What is something you really appreciate from agencies and brands?
When they know who I am and what drives me, my passion and they treat me with kindness and respect.
8. What have been your top 3 paid collaborations? Why did you enjoy each one?
1. Understatement Underwear - They made me feel like a queen.
2. Clarins - They made feel absolutely beautiful and that aging is key and important.
3. Jean of London - The sweetest persons.
9. What brands would you like to work with in the future?
I would love to work with bigger brands just to make more statement shoots around ageing, more cool campaigns.
Acne, H&M, Zara, Nike, Adidas, I want them to use more ”normal” people and models, and not just go for Iris or Jane Fonda.
10. What influencer within your circle, would you like to nominate to the next interview?
I'll go for my new friend and model in the agency, @Paulamagueri as she’s new in Sweden and I want her to develop her platform here and grow more here!
If you liked Shama´s interview, you can find her instagram handle in our story highlights: "Interviews" in our Instagram!
And don't forget to follow us for our next influencer interview!